Startup Advances to Next Round, Will Compete for Slot in Top 100 at EWC Global Finals in October
Ha Noi, Viet Nam – Tran Thanh Tung, a startup that a startup in Sexuality education & related products with an untapped market, captured first prize at the national finals of the Entrepreneurship World Cup competition held recently in Ha Noi, Viet Nam.
Yeu La Du of Tran Thanh Tung, captured advances to the next round of the global competition against national winners from 200 countries.
“Yeu La Du has validated with followings achievement: Top 1 Community & KOLs in Love & Sex Education, Top 1 Health & Beauty brand on E-Commerce Platform about men’s hygiene solutions; our total Reach is 250-300 million per month; our revenue is 1.2mil $/year with 38$ profit,” said Tung.
Tran Thanh Tung is CEO of Yeu La Du. It was first developed in fanpage format (with Mascot Strategy*): Yeu La Du. The fanpage was a bomb that spreaded throughout online community in Vietnam, it was a success in raising awareness of Love & Sex with 3 cartoon KOLs characters.
In preparation for the EWC Global Finals, Tran Thanh Tungof Yeu La Du will participate in an acceleration program which features virtual training and one-to-one mentoring targeted to their company’s current stage and growth trajectory.
Tran Thanh Tung emerged victorious from a pool of hundread contestants who applied – each receiving access to free virtual training services and up to $25,000 in perks to help them take their venture to the next level.
Other finalists at EWC Viet Nam included:
- Mr. Tran Thanh Tung from Ho Chi Minh City, a startup in Sexuality education & related products with an untapped market.
- Ms. Ngo Thuy Anh from Ha Noi capital, CEO of HASU helps take care of elderly people, not only in terms of physical health but also mentor health and social well-being.
- Ms. Nguyen Vofrom Ho Chi Minh City, a startup thatproducing biodegradable straws and other utensils fromnatural grass Lepironia.
- Ms. Vu Khanh Huyen from Ha Noi, CGO – Founder of AnHome that helps household appliances manufacturers transform their traditional devices into smart devices only by a small AnHome IoT Kit.
Judges for the competition were:
- Dr. DAM QUANG THANG, Chief Judge – Chairman of Vietnam Startup Mentors Alliance, Professional of Innovative Startup.
- Mr. NGUYEN TIEN TRUNG, Deputy Chairman of Vietnam Startup Mentors Alliance, He is one of the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Advisors of the Vietnam – Finland Innovation Partnership Program (www. Ipp. Vn)
- Mr. PHAN DINH TUAN ANH, Deputy Chairman of Vietnam Startup Mentors Alliance, He’s One of 12 Innovation Champions ever certified in Vietnam (by Vietnamese & Finnish government)
More than 150,000 contestants from 200 countries entered the Entrepreneurship World Cup. The initiative combines a broad-reaching pitch competition, aimed at ventures ranging from idea stage to growth stage, with a virtual accelerator program to help all participants launch, strengthen and scale their enterprises. Global Finalists will face off against one another at the Misk Global Forum in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in October.
EWC is an initiative led by the Misk Global Forum, Global Entrepreneurship Network and the Global Education and Leadership Foundation with support from a collection of national and global partners, including the GSVlabs and Entrepreneurs’ Organization.