TASKHENT, UZBEKISTAN – Agroport Jizzakh, a startup dedicated to processing of waste from renewable resources using biotechnology with a specialization in cotton processing, was the first place winner at the national finals of the Entrepreneurship World Cup in Uzbekistan. It will represent the country at the EWC Global Finals in Riyadh in November 2019.
During the final competition, the jury reviewed the presentations of the 13 participating teams that had been pre-selected among 146 applicants. The teams presented their entrepreneurial ideas, each of which was distinguished by professionalism and innovative approach. Participants were given ten minutes for the presentation: five minutes for the project presentation and five minutes for answers to the jury questions.
In second place are the developers of Langzz, training and course management systems to support language teaching in developing countries. As a prize, the team received a certificate for two months of free use of the workplace at GroundZero. Third place was taken by Bankmarket.uz, whose concept was aimed at creating a new generation financial market. The team had the opportunity within a month to implement their ideas on the territory of the co-working GroundZero for free.
The final was organized by the MiSK Global Forum, the Global Education and Leadership Foundation (tGELF, India), Global Entrepreneurship Network (GEN) Uzbekistan and GroundZero network of coworking spaces.
The international jury of the competition included six experts from Uzbekistan and India. The following jury members were present at the competition:
- Deputy Minister of Innovation Development of Uzbekistan, Yu N. Mansurov (Uzbekistan);
- Co-founder and CEO of “Stolik Online Food Delivery”, Kadyr Norov (Uzbekistan);
- CEO of “36Inc” business incubator, Rajiv Roy (India);
- Program Director of “36Inc” business incubator, Sorabh Chaubey (India);
- Executive Director of the LEAD leadership development program from tGELF, Dinu Raheja (India);
- General Director of the School for Social Entrepreneurs, Shalabh Mittal (India).